The day retreats couldn’t run without many volunteers. Our regular volunteers occasionally move on so having new ones every now and then in really helpful.
Most of the jobs only require a little time at the start or end of the day, or at lunch time. So you can volunteer and still fully take part in the day. And we’ll provide full guidance on what the job entails. The main jobs are:
- welcoming people as they arrive
- registering attendees and taking money
- clearing the hall at the start of the day
- putting the chairs etc back in the hall at the end of the day
- kitchen sorting – often three different people set up at the the start of the day, run the kitchen at lunch and clear up at the end of the day.
- ringing the bell to mark the end of the walking meditation session
- recording the dhamma talks.